Welcome to my new blog site! It will finally be easier for you to print just the recipe!
It seems everyone is going low-carb these days, but with this super cheesy zucchini lasagna you won’t miss the noodles at all!
Low-Carb Cheesy Mushroom & Spinach Zucchini Lasagna
You won't miss the pasta! I promise.
- 3 cups marinara sauce, homemade is best
- 3-4 zucchini, sliced thin, lengthwise, about 1/8" thick
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 4 handfuls spinach, slightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 28 oz San Marzano whole tomatoes, through a sieve
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Make an easy batch of marinara sauce or use your favorite store bought http://freshfromnancysgarden.blogspot.com/2012/03/mini-mushroom-lasagna-inspired-by.html
- Place zucchini on parchment paper and lightly salt. Let sit for ten minutes. Then pat dry and heat in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the fresh ricotta, 1/3 of the Parmesan, spinach, and mushroom mixture. Season with oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- To assemble the lasagna: Pour enough marinara sauce to coat the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Layer 1/3 of the zucchini noodles like you would lasagna. Add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and spread smoothly to cover zucchini. Put small dabs of mozzarella on top and a few basil leaves. Sprinkle Parmesan on top. Repeat until you have three layers. Make sure the top is mainly cheese.
- Bake about 45-50 minutes until top is nicely browned.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes.