Need an easy side dish to bring to a 4th of July BBQ or a Bastille Day Celebration?
Here it is–a Provencal potato salad. It’s super easy to make, and best of all, there’s no mayo, so need to keep it refrigerated on a warm day. In fact, it tastes best served at room temperature.
I actually found a few fingerling potatoes in my garden along with the green beans, so I was happy to use them in a great recipe. I added some store-bought blue fingerling potatoes and the result was delicious.
- 2 lbs. small fingerling potatoes or other small potatoes, cut in half or quartered after they’re cooked
- 1 lb. (or so) green beans–about the same amount as potatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 TBS capers–I didn’t have any, but would add them next time
- 2 TBS sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1 TBS minced shallot
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
While the potatoes are boiling, make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt, pepper, herbs de Provence, shallot and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk to emulsify.