- 2 zucchini–spiralized
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil, about 1-2 TBS
- chicken broth, or water if necessary
- Parmesan cheese, to top
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- olive oil to lightly drizzle over each tomato
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 200 F
- Put tomatoes, cut sides up in a rimmed cookie sheet or shallow baking pan.
- Combine garlic and oil and spoon over tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast in oven 6-8 hours.
Saute onion with the olive oil and red pepper flakes on medium high heat until translucent, about 10 minutes. I like to use my cast iron skillet.
Add the spiralized zucchini and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. You want it to be crisp-tender or al dente like pasta. Add a little water or chicken broth if necessary.
Break up the tomatoes and add to the pan.
Stir everything together. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Of course, some Parmesan garlic bread would be great with it, too!