This is a super easy and refreshing salad to enjoy after all the heavy holiday meals. Make sure you use the freshest ingredients! I found this recipe in the current issue of Food & Wine.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. fresh white button mushrooms, very thinly sliced (preferably on a mandoline)
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese, shaved
1. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, parsley and red pepper flakes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Spread half the mushrooms on a large platter. Drizzle with half the dressing and sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with the remaining mushrooms, dressing and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.