- 1 lb. flaky white fish fillets
- canola oil
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning-can be purchased on Amazon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ears of corn
- 5 green onions, just the green part
- handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- about 1/2 stick of butter
- about half a cup of white wine
- a handful of frozen lima beans, thawed
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- cast-iron skillet
Here’s all you need for the succotash…oh…and the wine, butter and Parmesan.
Cut the kernels from the corn, slice tomatoes in half, and chop the green parts of the onions and add to the thawed lima beans.
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the lima beans, tomatoes, corn and onions to the sauce pan. Stir in the wine.
Heat the oil in the cast iron skillet and when very hot place fish seasoned side down.
While the fish is cooking grate some Parmesan into the succotash.
In about 5 minutes, flip the fish.
Continue to cook until done–don’t overcook. About 7-10 minutes total.
Occasionally stir the succotash while the fish cooks.
Here’s Jake testing the doneness of the fish.
Serve in shallow bowls. Spoon the succotash into each bowl.
Carefully top with the fish.
Take a bite…and enjoy!
So next time you need to eat a great dinner in less than 20 minutes–here it is!
Happy Eating and Happy New Year!
Categories: Fish, Main Dishes
Tags: cajun fish, jake johnson's succotash, Jake's Cajun fish, Slap Ya Mama seasoning, southern succotash
Leave a Reply