It’s the middle of summer and since I wasn’t enjoying it lying on a great beach in Greece I decided to do the next best thing–have a Greek inspired dinner party with the perfect summer cocktail.
I always like to serve a signature cocktail so I went “shopping” for ideas on Google and found this Santorini Sunrise from Saveur. It was cool and refreshing with the sweetness of a bit of honey and a kick from the mint. It’s definitely my new summer cocktail.
This recipe makes one cocktail, but you can easily make a pitcher after you impress your guests with the first glass.
- 2 slices pink grapefruit, sliced about 1/4 inch thick, then quartered (8 pieces total)
- 4 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. good honey…the recipe called for Greek but I couldn’t find that
- 2 oz. pink grapefruit infused vodka–I used Absolut Ruby Red
- 3 oz. pink grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. Campari
- In a highball glass, muddle 7 of the quartered grapefruit slices with the mint and honey.
- Fill with ice; add vodka, grapefruit juice and Campari and stir.
- Garnish with the remaining quarter slice of grapefruit and add a mint leaf.