- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 lemons, one zested and both juiced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 TBS chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (I used a little less)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I used a little less)
- 4 (4-6 ounce) salmon pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the shallots and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes.
Add the lemon juice, zest and broth. Bring to a simmer, cover and keep warm over a very low heat. Just before serving stir in the chopped mint.
Combine the peas, mint, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and puree. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a steady drizzle.
Transfer the peas to a small bowl and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Warm the oil in large cast iron skillet over very high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, place the salmon skin side up into the pan and sear until a nice golden crust forms–about 4-5 minutes. Carefully turn the fish–skin side down–and cook until done. Medium rare takes about 2 more minutes. I like mine a little more cooked so I left it in the pan a little longer.
Tags: Giada's Salmon in lemon brodetto, pea and mint puree, salmon in cast iron skillet
Leave a Reply