This is my new favorite summer recipe for bruschetta! I found it on a blog called Love & Lemons, modified it just a bit and used my overabundance of tomatoes and the best avocado that my friend, John, grew on his little Hass avocado tree in his driveway.
One bite and I went crazy! Sweet juicy tomatoes, perfectly ripe peaches, the creamiest avocado ever drizzled with oil and vinegar and topped with fresh basil.
You need to make this! I had a little left over and I’m going to use it as a salsa for my grilled chicken tonight.
Oh…the other good news–it’s ready in about 5 minutes.
INGREDIENTS FOR TOMATO, PEACH & AVOCADO BRUSCHETTA
- 3 slices bread–I used cracked wheat sourdough
- drizzle of olive oil, and a little more to spread on bread
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- drizzle of Lucini pinot grigio vinegar
- tomatoes–some cherry, others cut into cubes
- 2 large peaches, cut into small cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- a few basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat BBQ to high and lightly brush olive oil on one side of the bread.
Toast on BBQ on both sides until lightly charred.
Cut tomatoes, peaches and avocado.
Mix tomatoes and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Gently stir in peaches, avocado and basil, stir, taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Pile onto toasted bread and serve immediately. You might want to cut them into smaller pieces to make eating easier.
And if there’s any leftover use it as a salsa on chicken, pork or fish.
- The Best Pico De Gallo With Grilled Halibut And A Couple Side Dishes
- "Slightly Spicy" Corn On The Cob For The 4th of July
Tags: peach & avocado bruschetta, tomato
Leave a Reply