Cathy Nokes actually found this recipe a couple years ago on The Bitten Word website and I’ve been making them ever since. It’s a great recipe when you’re entertaining because they require very little work.
- 3 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled
- 4 small shallots, thickly sliced lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 375.
Arrange the potatoes vertically in the pan.
Wedge the shallots between the potatoes.
Sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes. Brush the tops with the remaining butter/oil mixture.
Make sure you serve them in the pan so your guests can see how nice they look.
They’re great with grilled steak, but they’d also be good with chicken or pork. Or if you’re like me, they’re already a complete meal!
Remember, read it first at Stu News.