- 2 TBS Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 TBS dark brown sugar
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp Fish Sauce, divided
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. thin asparagus
- 3 TBS olive oil
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro
- cooked Jasmine Rice
In a medium bowl mix the Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce, garlic, sugar, lime juice 2 teaspoons of the Fish Sauce.
Add shrimp to the bowl and mix until well covered. Set aside for flavors to blend.
Rinse asparagus and cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces.
Boil asparagus in salted water until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and immediately put in cold water to stop cooking. Drain again.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the asparagus, remaining 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce and fresh cracked pepper. Stir-fry 3-5 minutes.
Add shrimp to pan and stir-fry over medium high heat.
Cook until shrimp is opaque (pink). Mix the sauce well with the shrimp and asparagus.
Spoon into a large bowl and garnish with the cilantro. Serve with Jasmine rice–it really goes great with the shrimp.
- Harvesting and Planting–My Laguna Beach Veggies In January
- Chicken With Blackberry Buzz Jalapeño Preserves
Leave a Reply