Need to bring an appetizer to a Super Bowl Party this weekend? This artichoke-Parmesan crostini is perfect. It’s simple to make and with the bacon crumbles on top, sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
This version was inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe–I added the bacon. I mean, after all, it is the Super Bowl. And if I wasn’t bringing wings, I figured I better bring the bacon!
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4+ TBS olive oil, divided
- coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (12 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and patted dry–I used Trader Joe’s and loved it
- 1/2 cup + shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 3 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
*Note: My neighbor, Kurt, said he thought it should be creamier. Today I added Fluffy Garlic Spread from Whole Foods, but you could add Mayo or Yoghurt.* Try it both ways…the original has fewer calories, but who’s counting?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly brush each side with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Be careful not to overcook or it will be too crispy.
While the bread is toasting make the topping. Finely chop the artichokes.
Mix in a large bowl with the Parmesan, parsley and olive oil. Since I doubled the original recipe I just kept tasting until it was just right.
Spoon onto crostini and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon. Arrange on a platter and serve.
What could be easier? And here’s to hoping your team wins!
- Red Pepper, Green Chili and Black Bean Pork Stew
- Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches…For You and Your Valentine
Categories: Appetizers & Beverages, Holidays, Super Bowl
Tags: artichoke bacon crostini, artichoke crostini, Super Bowl Appetizers
Leave a Reply