Pork and green chile stew had been a favorite of mine for years and years, and like any good stew, I served it in a bowl with a spoon. All that change when Jake turned it into a burrito. I think of it as an open-face burrito and eat it with a knife and fork, but somehow Jake folds his in such a way that he forgoes all the silverware. But however you decide to eat this pork and green chile–spoon, knife, fork or holding it in your hands–one thing is sure–you’re bound to love it!
3. Heat oil in large pot, add seasoned meat and cook on medium high heat until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. This is important or it will not taste good.
6. Add tomatoes, green chiles, jalapeno and sugar. Stir until blended. Add chicken broth and pinto beans. Bring to a boil, then cover and lower heat to simmer. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until pork is very tender. Stir occasionally.
7. Heat tortillas right before serving. I like to put them right on the flame on my gas range so they’re a little charred and crispy, but you can also warm them in the oven.
And now…it’s done! Of course, you could serve it as chili in a bowl or do like we do and make burritos–open-faced or closed–silverware or none. But make sure you garnish with avocado and cilantro and for an extra good kick, squeeze a little lime on it. Whichever way you serve it I think you’ll enjoy it!
Here’s a big welcome to my newest readers in Tanzania and Bangladesh! That makes 60 countries…thank you all so much.
You can always read this first and find out about everything that’s happening in Laguna Beach at www.stunewslaguna.com and if you want to see other recipes of mine click here www.freshfromnancysgarden.blogspot.com.
As always, enjoy!
Categories: Main Dishes, Pork
Tags: chile stew, home-grown cilantro, open-face burritos, pork tenderloin
La carne de cerdo y chile verde burritos cara abiertas son muy sabrosas buscando.Tenga un buen fin de semana.
thanks, sonny…i had jake translate for me 🙂